Sunday, August 26, 2007

Packing things

Aside from not using newspaper, it's pretty much impossible to keep your hands from becoming coal-black when you wrap things up for packing. I was as dark as a Mignola comic. Whoo.

The kid is on his way to camping with my mom, and I don't get to join them until tomorrow. However, this is Z's last night here before he's gone for THREE AND A HALF STINKING MONTHS, so I should probably enjoy the short time we have left today and tomorrow.

Some people ask how I can stand it. Well, it's not as if I can dictate what he has to do for work, I just have to deal with it. We're going to try to visit each other at least once a month, and will write and e-mail as needed,and we still both have phones, so it's just the actually-seeing-each-other-in-person-and-all-that-entails that'll be missing.

Granted, that is the best part. Also, we'll be apart for our four-year anniversary, which hurts. But we'll be okay.

No comments: